Effective July 1, 2015, for Domestic Relations Orders issued after July 1, 2015, the Pension Board has developed procedures in order to establish reasonable and consistent guidance for determining the qualified status of a Domestic Relations Order and for making distributions accordingly once the qualified domestic relations order (“QDRO”) has been established. It should be noted that NO orders issued prior to July 1, 2015 will be recognized. It is important to know two things before utilizing these documents: 1) the plan of the Pension System the City employee participates in, and 2) is the member an active employee or a retired member of the Pension System. The following is a list of procedures and documents that should assist in developing a QDRO in accordance with the provisions of the Pension System plans:
- The City of Knoxville Employees’ Pension System QDRO Procedures – this document lists the requirements for requesting and submitting information including required fees associated with the QDRO reviews.
- Participant Release of Information Form – Document that needs to be signed by the active employee or retired member prior to releasing information to their spouse or attorney.
- Sample QDRO for retired members – This document is provided as the model form to be used when the member is currently receiving a benefit from the Pension System.
- Sample QDRO for active or deferred members of plans C, G2, H-UB and H-GG – This document is provided as the model form to be used when a member is either an active employee or someone who has not yet started a retirement benefit from the Pension System, but has a vested interest in either plan C, G2, H-UB or H-GG.
- Sample QDRO for active or deferred members of plan G1 – This document is provided as the model form to be used when a G1 member is either an active employee or someone who has not yet started a retirement benefit from the Pension System, but has a vested interest in the Plan G1.
Should you have any questions regarding these documents or procedures, please contact Kristi PaczkowskiKristi Paczkowski, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 865-215-1446, Executive Director.